Homemade Hummus with Julienne Vegetables
Prep time: 15 mins
This recipe is an alternative to the shop bought hummus and easy to make in just 15 minutes!
- 1 Can of Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 – 2 Tbsps. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Light Tahini
- 2 Cloves of Garlic – Crushed
- 2 Tbsps. Water
- 1/3 – 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- Ground / Flaked Chili
- 2 – 3 Pinches of Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- To Serve with: Carrots, Celery, Peppers (Yellow / Red), Crackers, Naan Bread / Pitta
In a blender or mixer add the Chickpeas, chopped Garlic, Water and Olive Oil.
Blend for 2 minutes until smooth consistency is reached.
Add in half the Lemon Juice and blend some more to mix.
Add a good pinch of Salt, a few twists of Pepper, Cumin and a small pinch of Chili.
Taste and adjust seasoning as you desire – you may want to add more lemon juice if it needs it.
If the mix seems too dry add a small bit of oil or water to moisten the hummus.
Serve with chopped peppers, carrots, cucumber and toasted pitta or naan bread.