Whole Wheat Pancakes
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 – 15 minutes
Yield: 2 Servings
These pancakes are made with whole wheat flour. This gives a nuttier flavour and deeper texture. It also provides more nutrients such as magnesium, selenium and iron and does not cause a blood sugar spike.
- 1 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey or your Favourite Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons of Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Cup of Buttermilk OR Vegan Option: 1 Cup of Soy / Almond Milk mixed with 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice / Vinegar
- 2 Large Eggs OR Vegan Option: 2 Tablespoons Ground Flax mixed with 5 Tablespoons of Water
In a bowl mix honey and oil together.
Add Milk and Eggs to mix and beat / stir well.
Mix dry ingredients into liquid until flour is moistened.
After mixing all the ingredients heat a frying pan on a medium heat with a little bit of rapeseed oil. Add enough mixture to pan to make about 1 cm high pancake.
Cook the pancake to allow it to become firm – flip after 3 minutes and do the other side.
Set aside on a warmed plate lined with kitchen roll.
Stack as many pancakes as you wish to eat.
Serve with mixed berries and Honey or Maple Syrup.